Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hickoryFornander 32 posts 52 karma points
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 04:20
    hickoryFornander

Problems to upload .swf to media gallery

Hi!

I have an flash movie playing on my index page that is working fine and I had no problems when uploading the .swf movie to the media gallery. Now however I have put some actionscript in my .swf movie to make the movie redirect to the homepage when finishing paying. The .swf movie works fine when playing in a browser and in flashplayer but as soon as I have uploaded it to the media gallery it stops working and I can not figure out why?!

Does anyone know why this is and how can I solve the problem??

Thankful for all answers!

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 13:37
    Chris Houston

Hi,

Are you able to check the file on the server and see if you can load it into a browser directly through the file system to make sure the file has not been corrupted?

It might be a permissions issue, can you paste the code you are using to access the file?

Cheers,

Chris

Dec 30, 2009 @ 02:16
    hickoryFornander

Hi

Thank you for your reply!

Yes I can play the file on the server, both in the browser and in flash player directly, so I think the file is working fine. I do not think it is the code to access the file that is the problem because it works with another file that I have uploaded successfully. The problem is that when I have uploaded it to the media gallery and trying to play the file directly from the media gallery(just by clicking on it), it is blank, nothing shows. I do not know why this is. Is there another way to upload the file to the media gallery? Is there problems when uploading files that have actionscript?

Jan 12, 2010 @ 02:34
    hickoryFornander

Is there someone else who knows how to solve this problem?

I really need to make it work, and as soon as possible=S

Thankful for all suggestions!

Jan 13, 2010 @ 03:41
    hickoryFornander

Hi! Everyone! Had the same problem with a .flv file (could play it outside Umbraco, but once inside it didn't). It gave a 404 error in the media section and when using the insert video package it said "200, Stream not found ...". Just solved this when I found this page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/194/tn_19439.html. It was the IIS that didn't know about the .flv extention :) REALLY a nice page!!!

Still cannot get the swf file to show though. It keeps coming up blank in the media section, but it works when I play it in the filesystem in the media folder. Anyone that have made a swf movie that redirects to another page before?

Thank you! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft