Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lin04com 7 posts 27 karma points
    Dec 30, 2009 @ 11:53
    lin04com

How to get a real path in Umbraco folder?

Hello,everybody!

I am a new Umbraco user, i downloaded the project and install sucessfully, now i get a trouble for real path in Umbraco's folder. Maybe it's a url rewrite issue,but i dont't know how to do it, can anyone help me?

I clicked the link(http://localhost:84/contact-us/index.aspx),  there is a real directory,but i get an error when i clicked "contact-us/index.aspx".

The issue like this:

" No umbraco document matches the url 'http://localhost:84/contact-us/index.aspx'

umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'/root/node/node [@urlName = "contact-us"]/node [@urlName = "index"] | /root/node [@urlName = "index"]')

This page can be replaced with a custom 404 page by adding the id of the umbraco document to show as 404 page in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file. Just add the id to the '/settings/content/errors/error404' element. "

Sorry,my english is very poor, can anyone know what i say?

Can anyone tell me how to resolve it?

Thanks,
    Lin04com

• Jukka-Pekka Keisala 90 posts 226 karma points
    Dec 30, 2009 @ 12:08
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

Are you trying to link to a page?

Does umbraco.library:NiceUrl('put your page id here') give you 404 as well?

Dec 30, 2009 @ 12:14
    lin04com

Can you speak details?

Should i need to add some code to any page?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2009 @ 13:28
    Dirk De Grave

lin04com, 

Can you explain what you've done so far? You've installed umbraco, did you install anything in addition (Runway?) You're mentioning a real directory (Did you create this on the file system?) Share that info and we might be able to help you  more accurately.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Dec 30, 2009 @ 16:41
    lin04com

Dirk,

Yes, there have this folder(/contact-us/) on my file system,and it works very well in asp.net without installed umbraco,and the link is /contact-us/index.aspx.

Otherwise, on my system, i haven't install anything in addition.

Now,my question is whether anywhere set the urlrewrite,then the real folder can not be find?

Cheers,
    /Lin04com

Dec 30, 2009 @ 16:49
    lin04com

On this site,umbraco back-end management a part of dynamic(like News and Events),others are static pages, such as "/contact-us/index.aspx".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Dec 30, 2009 @ 16:53
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sounds like you need to add /contact-us/index.aspx to the web.config file. In the appSettings section there's a key "umbracoReservedUrls". Any URL's in that setting will be left alone by Umbraco.

If you have a lot of pages like this, you might want to put them all in the same folder and add that path to the "umbracoReservedPaths" key instead.

Dec 31, 2009 @ 03:49
    lin04com

Thanks all!

Now this issue had resolved .

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft