Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 10:48
    Craig100

How to change Grid Layout

If I have a page with a grid datatype with a choice of 2 col & 3 col layouts. How do you change the layout?  I've just built a page and used a 3 col layout. Now the client wants it to be 2 col. After removing all the content from the columns, I don't see any way of changing the layout to the 2 col one that is in the datatype?

Is there a way or do I have to destroy the page and start again?  Not a problem in this case as the page is standalone. But if it were a page with children, could be nasty.

Cheers,

Craig

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 14:16
    Craig100

This is undocumented, as far as I can tell, but the answer to the question above is, if you delete all your grid cells and rows, you see the choice of layouts again. So no need to destroy anything structural to reconfigure the page's (or grid section of the page) layout

HTH

Craig

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 24, 2017 @ 20:53
    Matthew Kirschner

This makes it a huge hassle to change a page's layout. I hope this gets updated soon.

• Hugo 12 posts 147 karma points
    Feb 27, 2017 @ 07:26
    Hugo

There is an alternative way of doing this. If you edit your doctype to include a 2nd grid editor, you can choose the alternative layout for that one. If they're on the same tab this means you'll see them below each other, your old 3 col on top and the new 2 col below it.

You can arrange all your columns in the new grid, then reorder and move all your content from the old grid to the new. You won't have to delete everything.

The problem with this is you'll end up with 2 grid editors on your page. If you're reusing the doc type you can't remove the old one because it'll mess up the content on all your other pages.

You could just use the 2nd grid as a temporary space to save your content, then clear out your original grid, set up the layout, and move everything back. Deleting the 2nd grid afterwards shouldn't give you any problems.

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 27, 2017 @ 14:02
    Matthew Kirschner

This is a clever solution for developers, I just wonder how the average editor might take to it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft