Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Prothero 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 18:18
    Gary Prothero

Customer Tree giving error on ActionNew Context Menu

I am trying to create a multi-Level custom tree.  I can create the tree fine and call pages to render the data.  I have it linked up to a LINQ data source to render the tree. The tree displays fine, however, when I click create in the context menu I get the following error:

ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: questions

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: questions

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: questions]
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Create.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +415
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +15
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

I am confused about how the ActionNew is supposed to work.  How does it know how to load a page?  Do I need to add some Javascript?

Gary

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 09:08
    Thomas Höhler

Check out the UI.xml in the umbrac/config/create folder

Add a new entry for each NodeKey you are using, like this:

<nodeType alias="YOURNODEKEY">
    <header>SOME TEXT</header>
    <usercontrol>/plugins/createXY.ascx</usercontrol> (Path to the usercontrol to use)
    <tasks>
    Definition of the classes to use...
    <create assembly="THENAMEOFTHEDLL" type="MYTASKCLASS/>
    <delete assembly="THENAMEOFTHEDLL" type="MYTASKCLASS" />
    </tasks>
    </nodeType>

The MYTASKCLASS has to implement the ITaskReturnUrl interface which itself implements the ITask interface...

You can also checkout the umbraco.tv series about sections.

Cheers, Thomas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft