I have this xslt-file:

--------------------------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0"
        xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
        xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
        xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
        exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
    <xsl:param name="currentPage"/>
    <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetMedia($currentPage/data[@alias='frontPicture'], 'false')/data[@alias = 'umbracoFile']" />
    </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

when i test it in the visualizer it works as I want it to - but when I try to save it I get an error:

(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at Root(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer, Boolean closeWriter)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(IXPathNavigable contextDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter results)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, TextWriter results)
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

What is wrong?? .........

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jan 12, 2010 @ 13:03
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Hi,

you have 2 options here:

1: disable checking for errors upon saving 

2: use the following code:

<xsl:if test="$currentPage/data[@alias='frontPicture'] != '' ">
        <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetMedia($currentPage/data[@alias='frontPicture'], 'false')/data[@alias = 'umbracoFile']" />
    </xsl:if>
    The preview works because you have an active node. Upon saving, you don't have a node to test against, hence the error (Getmedia requires an integer, if nothing present, it's not an integer).
    HTH,
    Peter

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 18:51
    Kim Andersen

Yeah, you should use the examplecode that Peter wrote in his post.

Otherwise, you could edit the file outside of Umbraco in some sort of code editor. I myself use Visual Studio all the time.

• Eric 35 posts 55 karma points
    Jan 14, 2010 @ 10:48
    Eric

Yes, I think Peter's code (sol. 2) is best practice. I always do that way and never have problem.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 14, 2010 @ 11:19
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Peter [BB], yes follow what Peter D suggested, by having an IF condition around the value-of / GetMedia.

I wrote a blog post a few weeks ago about how to safely handle the GetMedia calls in XSLT - have a read...

http://blog.leekelleher.com/2009/11/30/how-to-use-umbraco-library-getmedia-in-xslt/

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft