Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 12:31
    Craig Cronin

MNTP start node issue

I have two root nodes one for my content but then I have a global foler for settings, container folders for sliders etc.

Home (Node with MNTP field on)

Global Folder

-> Settings etc

I have a mntp Umbraco 7.2 that that allows users to pick nodes which are contained in the global folder.  I want to change normal user permissions so that Home is their start node and that they never see global folder, but now MNTP won't allow me to pick from this area.

I've come across this problem previously but can't remember if there was a solution for it.  I like seperating site settings away from the content area.

Are there any solutions available for this or workarounds?

Apr 17, 2015 @ 13:01
    Craig Cronin

From what I can see with this, i don't think its possible. I have done a little research and if anyone comes across this problem, swap the data type for one of the xml pickers in nuPickers which worked perfectly.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 08:36
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Craig,

You can also use examine as source of your nuPicker. This works faster. And nuPickers allows you to template the items in the list, giving you a better editor experience.

I have written a article about replacing MNTP with nuPickers for content picking.

http://skrift.io/articles/archive/the-king-is-dead-long-live-the-king/

Dave

Apr 21, 2015 @ 09:08
    Craig Cronin

Brilliant.....Thanks Dave, will take a look at the article through lunch today.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 09:17
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

With a little hacking it's also possible. For the Hybrid Framework I set the start node of the media picker dynamically: https://github.com/jbreuer/Hybrid-Framework-for-Umbraco-v7-Best-Practises/blob/master/Umbraco.Extensions/Utilities/WebApiHandler.cs#L82.

I've also done the same for MNTP on a new project. I don't have the source code online yet, but I'll add it to the Hybrid Framework later.

Jeroen

Apr 21, 2015 @ 09:41
    Craig Cronin

Thanks Jeroen,

I've seen the demonstration you done on the Hybrid Framework, so will take a look at lunch today.  Really appreciate the feedback from both.

Thanks

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 09:45
    Jeroen Breuer

Here is a little code snippet that I'm using to set the MNTP start node with the WebApiHandler:

string startNode = "{'type': 'content','id': " + contentOverride.Value + "}";

//Set the start node id.
    if (mntp.Config.ContainsKey(contentOverride.ConfigAlias))
    {
        mntp.Config[contentOverride.ConfigAlias] = JObject.Parse(startNode);
    }
    else
    {
        mntp.Config.Add(contentOverride.ConfigAlias, JObject.Parse(startNode));
    }

It works a little different from the media picker start node because the media picker start node value is a single value and for MNTP it's JSON.

Jeroen

Apr 21, 2015 @ 12:54
    Craig Cronin

Thanks Jeroen, going to look at the full thread at lunch today.....again really appreciate the time you've both taken.

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft