Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars 66 posts 136 karma points
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 16:20
    Lars

Search function throwing an error

Hi. I am trying to build a Search function in Umbraco 7. I try to follow the guide at http://sleslie.me/2014/search-umbraco-using-examine-and-razor/.

In my ExamineIndex.config I use this code

<ExamineLuceneIndexSets>

<!-- Default Indexset for external searches, this indexes all fields on all types of nodes-->
      <IndexSet SetName="ExternalIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/External/" />

<!--MY ADDED CODE-->
      <IndexSet SetName="ContentSearch" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/MySearch/" />

</ExamineLuceneIndexSets>

-----------------

In the ExamineSettings.config I have:

<Examine>
      <ExamineIndexProviders>
        <providers>
          <add name="InternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
               supportUnpublished="true"
               supportProtected="true"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>

<add name="InternalMemberIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoMemberIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
               supportUnpublished="true"
               supportProtected="true"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>

<!-- default external indexer, which excludes protected and unpublished pages-->
            <add name="ExternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"/>

<!-- index provider til index-->
          <add name="MySearchIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
           supportUnpublished="false"
           supportProtected="true"
           interval="10"
           analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"
           indexSet="MySearch"/>

</providers>
      </ExamineIndexProviders>

<ExamineSearchProviders defaultProvider="ExternalSearcher">
        <providers>
          <add name="InternalSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>

<add name="ExternalSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" />

<add name="InternalMemberSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcard="true"/>

<!-- search provider til search-->
          <add name="MySearchSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
          analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" indexSet="MySearch" enableLeadingWildcards="true"/>

</providers>
      </ExamineSearchProviders>

</Examine>

----------------

Running Umbraco throws the following error:

Browse and find ExamineManager.cs

-------------------

From here on I don't know what to do. Can someone help me or tell me if there is a search package for Umbraco 7

Thanks in advance for any help!

/Lars

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 17:39
    Dave Woestenborghs

You have named your index set ContentSearch in your examinesettings.config. Everywhere else you refer to mysearch

Also the examinesettings.config seems to be missing the InternalIndex and the InternalMemberIndex

Dave

• Lars 66 posts 136 karma points
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 10:51
    Lars

Hi Dave

The rest of examinesttings.config were just not shown. But thank you very much for your help. You were right and you helped me a good step forward!

/Lars

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft