David Podmore

Missing context menu for child items in non-list view

I have a certain path of doctypes set up in the following manner:

> Home
        > Our Products (list view enabled)
            > Product Ranges Overview
                > Product Range
            > Product

My issue is, I've lost the context menu at "Product Range" level, and the "Actions" menu does not appear in the top right. This means editors can't access copy/move/send to translation etc for any Product Ranges.

I know that to get the Actions menu, I need to enable list view on the Product Ranges Overview doctype, but can't do that due to using MNTP to select ranges under that node (I don't want editors to have to search for a range, but be shown the children instead).

Is there a way to force either:

a) The Actions menu to show up on child pages regardless of the parent page not being in list view?

OR

b) MNTP to show the children of a page in list view instead of the search box?

I hope this all makes sense? Thanks,

David.

• Marcin Zajkowski 112 posts 585 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 18, 2015 @ 01:23
    Marcin Zajkowski

@David, how you ended in this case?

I have the same problem in one of our project right now. Unfortunatelly there is no solution for this (or I don't know any).

Actions button is related with current node and ListView node (parent of desired pages) is this node.

MNTP can't render children according to performance for which ListView was created for. I consider this as a feature not a bug in this situation.

Found open issue on Issue Tracker: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5493

Vote up please. I'm looking for any other solution right now and of course I will share anything if I will find a way to achieve this goal.

• David Podmore 16 posts 74 karma points
    Aug 18, 2015 @ 12:22
    David Podmore

Hi Marcin,

I actually ended up restructuring my data to achieve what I was looking for. It was unfortunate, but the new hierarchy works well for us, so I was happy to make the trade off.

> Home
        > Our Products
            > Products Range Overview
                > Product Range
            > Systems (List view enabled)
                > Product

Sorry I can't offer more help…

David.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft