Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Turner 98 posts 412 karma points
    May 08, 2015 @ 16:18
    Phillip Turner

Can't upload any files via media section Umbraco 6.2.0

When I try to upload a file in the "Media" section of Umbraco, it acts as thought the file was uploaded and page refreshes, but no file. However, I am able to upload images via the "Create" option when selecting an image for content placement via the Rich Text Editor in the "Content" section.

No errors are returned and no errors are reported in the Event Log on the server.

Any ideas? I need to upload some PDF to our production server pretty quickly.

Thanks

Phillip

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 08, 2015 @ 16:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phillip

What is the size of the files you're trying to upload? If it's greater than 4 mb then you probably need to increase the allowed file size for uploads. The 4 mb limit is a .NET standard but it can be easily changed in the web.config file.

Try following the first step Jeavon describes here http://24days.in/umbraco/2013/6-easy-configuration-tweaks/

Does this help?

/Jan

May 08, 2015 @ 16:26
    Phillip Turner

Its very small 64k. but its any file via the Media section interface.

May 08, 2015 @ 17:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, can you create a video showing your proces when doing the upload? Also what browser are you using? Have you tried other browsers to see if it acts the same in those as well?

/Jan

May 08, 2015 @ 17:40
    Phillip Turner

I have tried both Firefox and chrome. Both browsers behave the same way. I do not have recording software, but I did use the windows PSR tool.

Results are here:

Microsoft PSR File

May 11, 2015 @ 07:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phillip

Sorry for the late reply - Just had a look at the file you attached.

On one of the screens it seems that even though the file is called "Rights-of-the-Person-Served.pdf" the item type says "Firefox HTML document".

So my guess is that for some reason the file you're trying to upload is not correct. So perhaps double check that it's a PDF when you open it?

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 11, 2015 @ 13:37
    Phillip Turner

PDF MIME type is mapped to firefox. If you also look, I try to upload a regular image too.

Apr 14, 2016 @ 16:32
    Phillip Turner

hey everyone! This is still a problem... any ideas?

Apr 14, 2016 @ 17:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phillip

Can't see the old screendumps anymore so can't quite remember the context. Is it possible for you to upload those images again?

I'm 99% certain that it must be something in your configuration since I have not seen other people have the same issue and when they're having issues it's either down to the upload limit or mime types being messed up.

/Jan

Apr 14, 2016 @ 17:29
    Phillip Turner

The original file has been restored... the link should now work.

I plan on converting the site to v7 this year, but that is not slated for a few months and I need to update the current site.

Just a few reminders:

• This worked in the past, no changes that I can think of have happened.
    • File size is very small. The PDF I tried to upload today was 200k. I have also tested with a 5k image.
    • No runtime errors are shown and nothing is captured in the event log.
    • I see no javascript errors while trying to upload, but the below error can be seen when trying to upload a file from the content editor and NOT the media section and the "Save" button is greyed out.

DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L3VpL2pxdWVyeS5qczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvdWkvanF1ZXJ5dWk…:2 GET https://directime.ca/umbraco/images/umbraco/ 403 (Forbidden)

The site has full permissions in IIS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft