Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rhonda 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 12, 2015 @ 22:35
    Rhonda

CaptchaMVC image not displaying in Umbraco 7 form using surface controller

I am using Umbraco 7 and included the CaptchaMVC package. My form, which leverages a surface controller, contains the following code in my CSHTML file, but the captcha image is not displayed; however, the Refresh and Input Symbol fields are. When I look at the HTML using Chrome's debugging tools, I see the src for the img tag is empty.

<div class="captcha-column">
        @Html.Captcha(5)
    </div>
  • Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 12, 2015 @ 22:47
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rhonda and welcome to our,

Perhaps this post from stackoverflow can help you to solve the issue that you have to get the captcha image to display

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16168631/captha-image-not-getting-generated-in-mvc4

Hope this can help you,

/Dennis

• Rhonda 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 12, 2015 @ 23:00
    Rhonda

Thank you Dennis. Unfortunately, that post did not help. The reference to CaptchaMvc.dll had already been added through Nuget with appropriate references. I think it is related to the way CaptchaMvc is generating the image through Umbraco. I already have this working in a non-Umbraco website using Visual Studio and am currently converting the website to use Umbraco due to all the static content in the website.

• Srdjan 19 posts 53 karma points
    Dec 12, 2015 @ 14:58
    Srdjan

Hi @Rhonda,

have you ever solved this issue? I have a similar problem with:

@Html.MathCaptcha("Try another", "The answer is:", "The answer is required.", true)

Thanks, Srdjan

• navneet kaur 11 posts 103 karma points
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 09:13
    navneet kaur

Hello Rhonda,

Have you solved this issue ? I am facing the same problem using captchaMVC4.MVC dll in Umbraco7.

• Arun Kumar Verma 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 23, 2020 @ 05:15
    Arun Kumar Verma

Hi, That will not work with Umbraco because Umbraco routing is different from default MVC routing. Captcha MVC needs hit the "/DefaultCaptcha/Generate", URL, but in Umbraco that is not available, so you to add the custom route, see the following link:- https://medium.com/@victorighalo/how-to-make-your-own-custom-routes-in-umbraco-attribute-and-convention-based-routing-c9a4d7579e97

And you add the custom route for Captcha MVC like the following:-

routes.MapRoute( name: "CaptchaMvcRoute", url: "DefaultCaptcha/{action}", defaults: new { controller = "DefaultCaptcha", action = "Index" } );

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft