Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Morrison 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 20:48
    Paul Morrison

How do I amend the 'browser tab thing' at the top of google chrome

We've got a website, I'm not sure if I can post it here but it will help, as I struggle to know the right words www.holistichealthzone.co.uk and on the top of each of the pages it just says Holistic Health Zone, I think there must be some realy simple way to chage this but I can't see it anywhere on properties.  I thought it would be Site Title but that has something different written there.  

I've tried searching but as you can see I don't realy know what I'm looking for.

I'd be eternally grateful for any help

cheers

Paul..

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 21:39
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Paul,

If you have access to the Umbraco backoffice, then try login to Umbraco. I think you shall find it in the templates. So the first thing you need to check is if you have access to the settings section. If you have, then go to the template folder.

In there I think you will see a master layot template, maybe it named, basic layout, Master or site layout or something like that. In that master template I think you can find a title tag like this

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title> Holistic Health Zone</title>
    </head>

<body>
    </body>

</html>

Maybe it´s just harcode, or maybe you will see some thing like this

<title>@Umbraco.Field("Title")</title>

or

<umbraco:Item field="title" runat="server" />

If this is the case, then you need to find a field on the page that have the alias of title.

Hope this helps, and make sense.

/Dennis

Jun 03, 2015 @ 21:58
    Paul Morrison

Hi Dennis thanks for that, I've found settings and templates, but I cant see anything that lloks like master, basic or site layout.  

I'm still a little confused though as I want to give each page a unique tite to improve my seo though!!!!!

Paul.

Jun 03, 2015 @ 22:27
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Paul,

Okay, this is not bulletproof names, so it can be named anything. Perhaps these videos can give you an idea what to look for.

http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/templating/setting-up-our-first-template/

http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/templating/using-master-templates/

If it´s possibe for you to share a screenshot of the template folder, then I think it easier to guide you where to look.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jun 03, 2015 @ 23:03
    Paul Morrison

thanks for this here is the screenshot

Paul.

Jun 03, 2015 @ 23:27
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Paul,

Try to click on the template with the name Site. Did you see something like this,

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Holistic Health Zone</title>
    </head>

<body>
    </body>

</html>

Or maybe you will need to look into each template that is located outside the Site template or inside the Site template you can expand this too,

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jun 03, 2015 @ 23:50
    Paul Morrison

no when I go to view page source that is exactly what I see but Ive looked through loads of the pages in the templates and I can't see anything like it

aaahhh!!

Jun 04, 2015 @ 08:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Paul,

It is possible for you to share a screenshot of what content the Site template contains.

Then we might know where you should look for changing the title of the pages.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft