Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Jan 21, 2010 @ 10:22
    Folkert

Extending user properties

I'm creating a multi user weblog, so there are multiple users to create content. I would like to show an image for each user on the page but I don't know how to link an image to a user. I know I can create members where there is a possibility to extend their profile. Bu members do not have access to Umbraco. I can use a service like Gravatar for linking the email address to an image but is there a solution within Umbraco?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 21, 2010 @ 10:35
    Dirk De Grave

You can't add properties to your user type, but could add an extra property on the 'blog' document type, so each user can set its own image. Only need to set this on a top level blog node, and use recursive property if you wish to show it from pages below the top blog node.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jan 21, 2010 @ 10:38
    Thomas Höhler

You also can use the gravatars retrieved from gravatar.com via the email-address of the users...

Thomas

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Jan 21, 2010 @ 10:51
    Folkert

Ok, thanx for the answers. I'll have a look at the options. I was thinking of creating a member based upon the same email address for storing additional properties. The user should be a member also for writing comments.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 16:08
    Jeroen Breuer

Are there more people who had this problem? I really like to add properties to the user type for the same reason (Blog4Umbraco with different users). If this can't be done what's the best solution. All of the above isn't exactly what I'm looking for...

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft