Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Filip Beenaerts 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 14, 2015 @ 07:40
    Filip Beenaerts

Microsoft PowerBi - PowerView in Umbraco

Anyone here experience with MS Powerview & Umbraco?

I'd like to make reports in Powerview and present them in Umbraco (with click-through possibilities). I only find topics to use it in Sharepoint but prefer to use Umbraco.

Hope someone can help. Thanks

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 14, 2015 @ 13:00

I'm still a bit of an Umbraco noob but have used Power View a lot in all its various guises (SharePoint, Excel, Office 365, the new Power BI Preview).

You can embed Power View reports in other web pages easily enough via iframe etc. There isn't a .NET based Power View control yet though, so your options are limited.

Check out this MSDN post for how to embed Power View in other pages.

You'll need to have your Power View report hosted in SharePoint and be able to authenticate.

• Filip Beenaerts 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 09:24
    Filip Beenaerts

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I've 1 more question: I'd like to make different reports for customers (depending on license): data from Europe, Asia, US, ...

So the idea is that they logon to Umbraco site and then can go to the reports section and based on their license they see data/reports from Asia or Europe ...

Is that something which we can realise using Powerview + Sharepoint in backend and Umbraco in frontend?

Kind regards

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 25, 2015 @ 10:09

Yes, that should be easy enough to do in the same way you would with a standard SSRS report. You can pass parameters to your Power View via the URL.

So, if you set your Umbraco site to allocate the correct region/licence to your users when they login, you could ensure that you have this as a dimension in your data model, and pass it as a filter to your Power View report when they click through.

i.e:

&rf=[DimRegion].[RegionName] eq 'Asia'

Check out this article for how to use URL filters

Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft