Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• marthin 87 posts 106 karma points
    Jan 26, 2010 @ 09:03
    marthin

Using multiple sites

Hello,

Im planing to build a ecommerce extension upon Umbraco. Im doing this as a part of a project for a company im working at the moment. The solution will in then end be used for them to deliver new "e-shops" for customers, nopthing to fancy just a productlisting with some info about the products and some kind of payment method. The backend wil be extended with a new section that will handle all products and orders (Content, Media, Users, ESHOP).

The question:

For the ease of setting up new "e-shops" for new customers what is the best solution of these to choices when extending the backend:

1 ) create one working shop and for every new customer copy this shell and use for as a new installation (is it possible to just copy the physical files and just edit web config?)

2) have all new customers share the same installation? this might give me problems with loads of templates especially if there are multilingual sites.

Anyone have a tought about this?

Best Regards

Marthin

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jan 26, 2010 @ 10:58
    Seth Niemuth

first, you may not want to reinvent the wheel: http://commerce4umbraco.codeplex.com/

I imagine at the end you would just want to package up your e-shop (you create packages in the developer section) and then your new customers could install your e-shop package into their umbraco.

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jan 26, 2010 @ 11:11
    Seth Niemuth

there is also this discussion going on right now...which may be of interest to you: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/6319-Umbraco-E-Commerce-Options

• marthin 87 posts 106 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 15:53
    marthin

Hi all, thx for the help here! Took me a while to thank you but better later then never right? =)

I'v seen all the proposed systems and they look great. But since this is an examenation project I cant use any of these implementations. This is also a great way for me to learn more about Umbraco!

So back to my questions:

-  Is it possible to set up a new umbraco site by c# code? I know how to set up a new IIS site and copying a database shouldnt be a problem. So im guessing there's only some details I need to learn to get this going?

- Are there any kind of performance problems with running, say, 15 to 20 umbraco installations on a single IIS server. The server will have a lot of processing power.

When im done with this project, someone in the sales department should be able to fill out a form and boom, a new webshop is up and running.

Thx for any help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft