Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jun 30, 2015 @ 21:03
    Chris Mahoney

Too many macros in table causing issues

Hi,

I've run into a few issues recently that appear to occur when you have too many macros inside a table.

It's common for my editors to create tables with 2-3 columns and 20-30 rows. There will be one or two text columns, and then a final column containing one macro per row (a link to our document management system). This seems to work for small tables, but eventually the table will become "too big" and things will start misbehaving.

The first indication that things are going wrong is that creating a new row will add the orange dotted "macro surround" to the macro column. If you then click on that cell and click the Macro toolbar button, then it'll pick up the settings from the adjacent cell. Changing the settings and clicking OK will sometimes edit the one cell, and other times will spill over into both cells. Sometimes the macro properties box doesn't close when you click OK either.

Even if you can get it all looking right, it's still no use: Clicking Save (or Save and Publish) seems to confuse the system because you'll get a "save successful" message but the page will roll back to as it was before editing.

I realise that this is a bit vague (it's hard to explain in text) but has anyone run into this? Any tips or solutions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft