Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lei 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 14:33
    Lei

Recycle Bin

When I empty recycle bin, all the contents are gone.

There was a website with several items. But everything was deleted after I emptied the recycle bin.

Is there anyway to get back all my content?

Umbraco Version: umbraco v 4.0.2.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3441.17657)
    ASP.NET Version: ASP.NET3.5

Windows: XP pro

IIS: ÍIS7

Regards

Lei, Copenhagen

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 15:03
    Seth Niemuth

Before it gets overwritten, you should copy your /data/umbraco.config file as it has the XML for the published site and you could use that to repopulate your site. I don't know of anyway to bring back items deleted from the recycle bin, that is weird that all contents got deleted though, even those not in the recycle bin. Anyway, if you have that XML, you could probably use something such as UMB Import to reload it back in (http://umbimport.soetemansoftware.nl/).

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 09:03
    Casey Neehouse

Restore the backup that you took last night or prior to making any major changes!  You did make a back-up, correct?

As Seth stated, your only hope is the umbraco.config file.  you can use umbimport, or move the contents into a package.xml file and import the content again.  Bad news, none of your node id properties will match, and thus localLinks will be broken.

Good luck.

• Njal 10 posts 31 karma points
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 23:24
    Njal

I was finally able to empty the recycle bin by removing orphan nodes. See blog for details: blog.degree.no/.../

-Njal

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft