Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paula 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 07, 2015 @ 11:04
    Paula

Insert text editing tools on backofice

Hi!

First of all, I'm not a developer so I can't understand very much about this programming thing... :S

My company has ordered a website to a freelancer. But he didn't inserted the edit text tools (insert a list, change font size, font color, etc.). And we want those tools to edit our content.

an example page that we want to customize. This is the way we have to insert a list: manually.

He says that, if he'll insert those tools, we're going to lose all content that we've inserted till now (we're talking about dozens of pages).

I said to him: "I understand the data and the presentation / editing have no direct relationship, and the platform that enable editing the data, nothing obliges you to do truncate them."

And his response was: "We have no way of avoid it. Your explaination, in some extent is correct, that is, we have a data layer and the presentation layer. Correct. However they're related to each other. If there was no relation, it would never be possible to insert content on one side and see that content presented on the other.

In case we want to put a rich text editor (possibility of stylization) directly into the CMS, the type of content is no longer a simple input text to go to be a rich text.

This change must be reflected in data structure and does not enter the same site as a simple input, you need much more information.

This simple input where before we kept only a text, does not support this kind of rich text editing, so it has to be at the level of CMS and data structure a new type (field). For that reason is that the information will be lost."

Please, could anyone help me? I really don't understand much about this, but could anyone tell me if I will really lose all the content that I've already inserted...? There's a way to insert text editing tools without lose all of the inserted content?

(oh... the Umbraco verrsion is 6.2.4)

Thank you in advance!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft