Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aradhya 11 posts 30 karma points
    Feb 09, 2010 @ 07:35
    aradhya

Working with Images.

Hi Friends,

I am very much new to umbraco. I am able to create contents with plain text for this I will just type or copy and paste text.

I want to insert a CMS controlled image in my page. Can anyone guide me on this please.

Thanks in advance

aradhya S

• Christian Foged 37 posts 58 karma points
    Feb 09, 2010 @ 08:18
    Christian Foged

Hi Aradhya, welcome "the world of Umbraco"

Inserting an image is very easy, and there is several ways to do it, here's one:

1. Click "Media" in the sections, in the lower left of the Umbraco windows
    2. Right-click on the folder "Media", select create
    3. Write a name for your Image, and select "image" in the media type drop-down
    4. Click the "Create" button
    5. Now you get to your new Image element properties - click "Choose file", and browse to the image on your local computer
    6. REMEMBER to click the "Save" icon (little blue disc in the menu bar)
    7. When Umbraco is done saving your image, a thumbnail will be shown of you image. Remember your image is not saved in the media library, before you see the thumbnail of your image
    8. Go to the page, on which you wish to add you image in the "Content" section
    9. Put the cursor in the content, where you wish to add your image
    10. Click the "Insert/edit image" button (a little icon of a tree) on the menu bar in the rich text editor in the rich content section
    11. Choose your image in the media Library. (if you want to change the size of the image, you can also do it here)
    12. Click the "insert button"
    13. ....and you're done.

If you resize your image, a new version of your image is automatically generated (will not change the original image), so you dont have to save different sizes of the image - this is very usefull feature. The same is the case if you resize the image, by "pulling" the corners of the image in the rich text editor - and it will even constrain the proportions of the image if you chose that when you inserted the image - EXTREMELY usefull :o) (will constrain proportions when you click save, or save'n'publish)

Have fun with Umbraco, and welcome to the community :o)

/Christian

Feb 09, 2010 @ 08:18
    Christian Foged

Hmmm - a bit comprehensive guide - but better safe that sorry :o)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 09, 2010 @ 08:50
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Just a note to say that you don't actually have to go through steps 1-9. When you're in a rich text area, you can click the inser/edit image button and upload an image straight into the media section there.

Feb 09, 2010 @ 09:37
    Christian Foged

Absolutely true Sebastiaan - as mentioned there's several ways to insert an image, just wanted to give a hint to media / content structure in Umbraco :o)

Seeing that there was 13 steps to insert an image, also made me wonder, if could be done somewhat easier, both directly from the content section, and from the media section... Hmm...

Btw Aradhya - if you want to sort you images in folders, in step 3, choose "Folder" instead. Rightclick on the folder you created, and then choose "create" as in step 2, and continue from there.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft