Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 13:57
    Saied

Benefits of using bootstrap?

I planned on using custom css with bootstrap, but is this a good idea. What are the benefits of using bootstrap, especially with Umbraco?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 14:05
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Saied,

The main benefit of using bootstrap is speed of development. Another benefits:

1. Responsiveness
    2. Consistency
    3. Customizable
    4. Support

The framework allows for rapid, responsive development that is consistent and well supported by the development and design community.

As the framework continues to develop, the reasons to use Bootstrap keep mounting. If you’ve overlooked this framework, it’s probably time to give it a try.

It's just CSS framework.

Thanks, Alex

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 14:15
    Saied

Do you think it will play nice with other css or would it clash? What I mean is that is it better to use bootstrap primarily?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 14:20
    Alex Skrypnyk

Bootstrap is one of the best framework, so I don't see problems with using it in Umbraco projects.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 15:15
    Nik

Hi Saied,

If you code your own custom CSS with bootstrap in mind then you should have no problems. There will be points where you are likely to want to override default bootstrap bits and pieces so just load Bootstrap and then your custom CSS files and they will take precedent over Bootstrap.

I've used Bootstrap with all the Umbraco projects I've built so far and in turn also used custom CSS with no issues.

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft