Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Aug 27, 2015 @ 18:33
    Garrett Fisher

EVERY Field Gives Error : "XXX is not in the correct format" Upon Publishing

Hi,

Using Umbraco 6.2.5 - just completed a multi-step upgrade from 4.7.2 and everything is working great EXCEPT for this:

On a certain document type - "Product" - every single field - even TextString fields - is giving the error, "[FIELD] at [TAB] is not in a correct format" when I publish. I've never seen this before. There is no custom validation in any of the fields. Error at lower right is:

Publish
    "Page Name" (1097) could not be published because these properties: productTitle, productDescription, productFeeding, productIngredients, productGuaranteedAnalysis, productImage, productTitleImage, relatedProductsImage, buyOnlineProducts, relatedProductsText, popupProductImage, mobileRelatedProductText, mobileRelatedProductTextSub, upc,gTIN, adsenseShoppersProductName, productSize, productSize2, gTIN2,relatedProducts, boneProducts, chewnolaProducts, heartyHideProducts, rollhideProducts, dentalProducts, shareCopyFB, shareCopyTW did not pass validation rules.

But there aren't any rules! Since it is every field, it seems like it would be something simple, like a configuration issue. I would really appreciate any advice on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance, Garrett

• Marc Goodson 2138 posts 14321 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Aug 28, 2015 @ 22:54
    Marc Goodson

Hi Garrett

Check if during the upgrade some kind of whitespace has been added to the validation regular expression field for your Product doc type, ridiculous as it may sound, go through each property, hightlight validation textbox, ctrl-a to select all and delete contents. Might be on all of the properties listed in your error message. (I had it after an upgrade once...)

or run the following SQL against the db to see if any validation is set first...

SELECT * FROM [database name].[dbo].[cmsPropertyType]
    where [validationRegExp] is not null

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Aug 29, 2015 @ 12:11
    Garrett Fisher

Thanks Marc -- YEP, that was it! I just ran an update script on the DB and voila. That was a weirdsie!

//Garrett

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft