Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Xavier 6 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 07:11
    Xavier

Uploading multiple images

I have started at a new business that uses umbraco, as a graphic designer. It seems it is our responsibility to keep the existing website updated with images. We have just created about 50 new products, some with about 5 images each. Is there any way to upload multiple images at once? It seems crazy to do them one at a time with the create content, tag as image, type name, choose file and save etc. I cant see any way to do it in the UI, nor is there any help articles for this old version.

Sep 10, 2015 @ 12:34
    Xavier

I have done a bit of searching and have found the Desktop Media uploader. Unfortunately I installed the latest version, but I should have installed v2.0.2 to work with umbraco 4.7. It looks like I need access to the backend to uninstall v2.0.4 of desktop media uploader before I can install the correct version. Could anyone explain the below? (from here)

"Due to an issue with package actions in 4.5, Desktop Media Uploader does not currently clean up everything it should when it uninstalls. To clean up manualy, ensure you remove the Desktop Media Upload section from dashboard.config, delete the desktopMediaUploader.config file from the /config folder and remove the .air mime type definition from web.config / IIS. Because the Desktop Media Uploader app is installed onto your machine, to remove this, you'll need to run your computers built in uninstall process."

Sep 10, 2015 @ 14:09
    Xavier

Further research seems to suggest versions 2.0.1 to 2.0.4 available to download do not work with umbraco 4.7, media uploader v2.1 must be downloaded from the media page within umbraco, however the download button does not display with flash enabled, and without flash it shows a text link which directs to a missing file. Does anyone have a valid link to the media uploader v2.1?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft