Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tuan Tran 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 03:34
    Tuan Tran

Multi language

Hi,

We are now working on a multi languages website using Umbraco for the CMS. As I researched, if I want to add a new language I have to duplicate the folder structure and then I have to update all the content into another language.

As you can see in the picture below I have to copy all the folders from English to French:enter image description here

Is there any way to create the CMS like below picture, with all the tabs for languages next to each other so it would be easier when I want to change some content for all the language:

enter image description here

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 06:38
    Dave Woestenborghs

You could have done 1-on-1 translation using the Vorto package.

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/vorto/

But since you have already set up different tree structures maybe the translation section can help you out.

Dave

• Tuan Tran 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 06:47
    Tuan Tran

Many thanks for your reply Dave.

So it will take so much more time to update the content since I have to click and choose the language for each fields. Is their any way to collect all the field in 1 tab for 1 language as in the second picture I showed you.

Also, can you explain more on the translation section? Does it meet my expectation to have tabs for each languages?

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft