Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Roffey 18 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 15, 2010 @ 22:19
    Mark Roffey

Tiny MCE and styles - not the normal "How do I..." though.

I'm having a problem getting the custom styles to work in Umbraco. I don't think it's the typical problem where people can't get them to appear, I've followed the instructions to the letter @ http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/add-styles-to-the-drop-down-menu-for-editors-to-use and they are appearing in the wysiwyg in tinymce okay.

However when I use them, they do nothing at all! When I highlight text, and then use the style dropdown, nothing happens at all. Even when I look at the html source in the wysiwyg, there's nothing there.

I simply MUST be doing something incredibly basic wrong. And I'd be eternally grateful if someone could help me out.

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Feb 15, 2010 @ 22:23
    bob baty-barr

did you prefix the alias styles with a dot? if indeed they were clases vs. base styles like h1, h2, etc.?

let's try to keep this dialog going so we can sort out your issue... also what verson of umbraco?

thx

• Mark Roffey 18 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 15, 2010 @ 22:44
    Mark Roffey

Thanks for your prompt reply Bob, But amazingly, after literally hours of trying to figure this out. As soon as I read your post, I went back in there and found out what the problem was almost immediately. For the record, I'm using V4.

Firstly, I currently have only 2 elements in the style sheet that I'm using tinymce for, a h1 and a #pageContents h3.

With the h1 element, I had a space in the text box after it, and that stopped that one working,

With the #pageContents h3 - well, it didn't like that at all. But then i got thinking, and it obviously doesn't need to have the #pageContents part - obviously it would if it were  h3 #pageContents so I changed that to just a h3 and all is well in the world of tinymce once more.

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Feb 15, 2010 @ 22:47
    bob baty-barr

glad you were able to solve it -- and great job posting your solution... so many times, people will abandon their post without letting us know it was solved or they simply post somethign like 'fixed' or 'solved' without letting others know how they addressed the issue.

Great JOB!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft