Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nagarjun 39 posts 71 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 14:32
    Nagarjun

Umbraco does not display nodes that are published most recently.

Hi ,

I'm using Umbraco v6.2. Before a week in a content node I've added html to a property( of type Rich Text Editor ). I've published the node and was working as expected.

Today I've made changes to the property in content node and published the changes. It displayed successful popup. However some times while browsing the website, I'm seeing the changes made earlier.

I keep hitting Ctrl + F5, it shows latest changes. Again after few hits it is showing old data published earlier.

Could anyone please assist me on this. Do I have to delete cache in any umbraco folders or any other possible alternatives?

• Gary Devenay 39 posts 245 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 14:55
    Gary Devenay

Is your site load balanced in any way? This could possibly cause the effect that you're seeing.

Nov 18, 2015 @ 15:05
    Nagarjun

No. It is not a load balancer server. There is only one server.

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 15:25
    gary

Hi

Can you get to umbraco config (App_Data / umbraco.config) and check the xml data against your latest save?

If this data is correct then it is a caching issue which can be looked into after confirming that the correct data is being called to the browser.

Regards

Gary

Nov 19, 2015 @ 14:05
    Nagarjun

I've checked in the "App_Data / umbraco.config" . It shows data that is published in last year. Last modified date for this file shows year 2014.

To delete cache do i have to delete any files.?

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 14:10
    gary

Hi

Save some content then look at that content in the umbraco config, the updateDate should read now and content should be exactly as you saved.

This is to find out if Umbraco is saving the content correctly, because your error could be before it is called to the web or after.

If the content and updateDate have been modified correctly, first clear your browser cache. Then relaod the new page.

Regards

Gary

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 14:39
    James

You using a SQL CE database by any chance ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft