Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard 38 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 19, 2010 @ 11:59
    Richard

Insert link anchor-dropdown(U4.0.3. Richtext tinymce3) does not list anchors on selected content page.

Hi,

this must be a bug and I am really hoping for a fix/suggestion since it is a show stopper for all pracital purposes.

When I use the "insert link" function and select any other conent page in the picker, the list of target anchors "---" remains populated with the anchors of the current page. So there is no way to set the link to go to an anchor on the selected (URL) content page. If the page is known, so are the anchors, so, as I said, this must be a bug... Any ideas?

Thanks!

R

Context:Umbraco 4.0.3, CWS/Runway, ASP.NET 3.5, Firefox 3.6, Windows 7, Richtext editor.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 19, 2010 @ 12:10
    Kim Andersen

Hi Richard

I have seen this also, and I don't think it's a bug (but of  course i don't know for sure). The anchors that is listed in the drop-down is the anchors that is used on the current page.

I agree that it would be a very practical feature if the "insert link"-function could take the anchors of the destinationpage, instead of the anchors on the current page.

But maybe someone has a fix. I'm interested too...

/Kim A

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Feb 19, 2010 @ 12:23
    dandrayne

I think (not sure) that the anchor functionality is part of tinymce, not umbraco.  If this is the case it's much more understandable that it "doesn't know" wehat the anchors are on any page but the page currently in the editor.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 19, 2010 @ 13:02
    Kim Andersen

I think that you are right Dan.

And I can fully understand that TinyMCE doesn't know the anchors on the choosen Umbraco-page if that's the case. However it would still be a neat feature ;)

/Kim A

• Richard 38 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 20, 2010 @ 11:53
    Richard

Thanks Guy's. You are right of course, if TinyMCE isn't closely related to Umbraco... Actually, this is pretty much of a show stopper for many people trying to get existing (or even new) pages linked within Umbraco. It is a severe waste of time and very error prone to have to switch back and forth and copy/paste etc. between pages ... Yes, this would be a very cool feature. I'm still working on getting my head around the whole (cool) feature set though...

So let me know :-) hubert (at) acm (dot) org

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Mar 20, 2011 @ 09:42
    Greg Berlin

Just putting in my vote to have the ability to link to anchors on other pages... 

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    May 03, 2011 @ 15:22
    Sebastian Dammark

Let's say our anchors look like this:

<a name="#anc_somethingunique" title="somethingreadable" />

Couldn't you just parse the markup of the selected page and then get all a-tags with a name using jquery or htmlagilitypack like this:

$('a[name*="anc_"]')

Then populate the select box with the selected data like this

<select>

<option value="/link/to/the/selected/page#anc_somethingunique">somethingreadable or anc_somethingunique</option>
    </select>

I have no idea if this is possible, I'm just a frontender and this is just an idea ... ;) No reponsibilities taken ...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft