Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jwjanse 13 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 24, 2010 @ 21:42
    jwjanse

Open separate Umbraco windows?

Hi, I am relatively new to Umbraco and have been playing around a bit.

While playing around checking things out, like a document, a template, a macro, etc, I seem not to be able to open the separate things in separate windows. each time I want to switch from Settings to Contents ie, I lose precious time since the GUI takes time to refresh etc.

I would like to have the option to open a new window with any funtionality I assess, like one for the Developer stuff, another with the Content, and another for Settings. Is this possible? Using CTRL+click in Firefox does not work unfortunately.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Feb 24, 2010 @ 21:55
    Paul Blair

i do this all the time and it works well in FF. You can do middle mouse button or right click and open in new tab to have them open.

Alternatively you could append this to the URL:

umbraco/umbraco.aspx#content

umbraco/umbraco.aspx#settings

umbraco/umbraco.aspx#media

umbraco/umbraco.aspx#developer

Cheers

Paul

• jwjanse 13 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 25, 2010 @ 09:06
    jwjanse

Thanks Paul, the different URLs work, but using rightclick in FF3, I cannot get the separate windows to open.

• Chris Gaskell 59 posts 142 karma points
    Feb 25, 2010 @ 10:02
    Chris Gaskell

I tend to login directly to the backend rather than work in the modal popup - so i will navigate to http://mysite/umbraco/umbraco.aspx.

One I have logged in then i right click the sections and 'open in new tab' - which means the content, media, settings and developer sections are all runnnig on sperate tabs.

Works well for me :)

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Feb 25, 2010 @ 10:54
    Lee Kelleher

I do the same as Chris.  The CTRL+click, or wheel-click doesn't open in new window/tab (as expected), you'll need to right-click and select "open in new ..." option.

As Paul mentioned above, you can go to a section directly via the hash anchor in the URL, i.e. #content, #media, etc.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft