Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Feb 14, 2016 @ 17:06
    Craig100

DocType UI in 7.4 for Properties

How do you add items like umbracoNaviHide to a pages Properties tab? There used to be a "Generic Properties" section you could add stuff to but it seems to have disappeared in 7.4 with no documentation/demo that I can find?

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

• Evangelos Lolos 7 posts 98 karma points
    Feb 14, 2016 @ 18:25
    Evangelos Lolos

It seems that there has been a decision to not allow properties to be added to the Generic Properties tab, starting from 7.4.0. See this issue for more information.

It looks like a decision that can help enforce best practices, although in my opinion an exception should be made for properties like umbracoNaviHide.

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Feb 14, 2016 @ 18:59
    Craig100

Interesting how "Best Practices" seem to changed. Generic Properties was the place to put this stuff, used sensibly of course, when I took the Level 1 course on V4.7. I know it's difficult to keep the documentation up to scratch - it would be perfect if it was considered part of the release - but changes like this could merit a special section in the docs, maybe called "Important UI Changes" so we don't get the Microsoft Office Ribbon effect. i.e. where the hell has THAT gone now?

The UI is super-important, so any surprise changes just slow us down for a while. Not nice when you've budgeted the time. Are there any other surprises I don't know about? Well, you don't know what you don't know, that's the issue here ;)

I might suggest that once you've paid for and done a course, you automatically receive updates to the course documentation, to help you keep current for a while. Maybe just changes to "Best Practice"?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft