Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Coster 83 posts 120 karma points
    Mar 11, 2010 @ 11:35
    Kevin Coster

Content Not updating

Using umbraco 4.0.2.1 and have come across a problem which i think is related to umbraco caching.

The site was working fine until we made some new pages under the same directory intially they were created as duplicate (Dan.aspx)to replace the existing one Umbraco correctly recognised this and renamed the newly created page (dan(1).aspx).

The old dan was then deleted and emptied from the recyle bin and the new one published renaming it back to just dan and now all hell broken loose!

Dan is duplicated in the menu structure showing the old and new versions of the item, sometimes one will disapear but will then re-appear later on.

Still with me?

Tried creating a new directory and recreating the content only copying over text from exsisting to new, deleted the old directory with all child nodes and then found I had both new and old folder with child nodes included!

Thought initially I had screwed something in the database so done a backup of it and restored an old one from previous day - no change!

Is it the database or cache?

• Kevin Coster 83 posts 120 karma points
    Mar 11, 2010 @ 11:40
    Kevin Coster

Structure Before

Home

-   About

-  Testimonials

- Dan

- Beth

Structure After initial update

Home

-   About

-  Testimonials

- Dan < Later deleted

- Beth

- Dan (1) < Renamed to Dan

Structure Currently (Dan deleted but still showing both versions on front end)

Home

-   About

-  Testimonials

- Beth

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft