Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Björn Jönsson 37 posts 58 karma points
    Mar 15, 2010 @ 14:58
    Björn Jönsson

Problems with Blog4Umbraco

I have run into the problem with Email verification on the Blog4Umbraco and have tried to solve it on a number of different ways.

*First i have downloaded the latest version (sourcecode from codeplex) on the Blog4Umbraco project and applied the patch (or fix) by Timsn (i think his name was). The code compiles (no problemo there) but the package program gets an "index-out-of-range" exception.

*Second i downloaded the latest codeversion from codeplex of Comment4Umbraco project checked the code that it solved my problem and it did, but not the version that had the latest installer-version, and one more time the package program didn´t work (same exception as above).

*Third i tried to exchange the two dll´s and my umbraco crashed because there where different versions (i had "touched" the web.config file and it didn´t work either).

Anyone that has any ideas?

/Björn Jönsson

• Donald St. Martin 83 posts 128 karma points
    Mar 15, 2010 @ 15:10
    Donald St. Martin

Björn,

I assume you are having issues with dots and hyphens in email addresses?

If so, I would recommending downloading a fresh copy of the latest build here (2.0.25 at the time of this post). Then open Base.cs in the Library folder and change

Regex r = new Regex(@"^\w+@[a-zA-Z_]+?\.[a-zA-Z]{2,3}$");

with

Regex r = new Regex(@"^([0-9a-zA-Z]([-\.\w]*[0-9a-zA-Z])*@([0-9a-zA-Z][-\w]*[0-9a-zA-Z]\.)+[a-zA-Z]{2,9})$");

Rebuild it and move the dll file over.

--
    Donald

Mar 15, 2010 @ 16:18
    Björn Jönsson

Hi Donald!

The problem is just when i write [email protected] for Email, it will not verify it but if i write [email protected] it will work.

Thanx for a quick reply, as of Timsn´s earlier reply of a similar problem where he suggested downloading Base.cs and BlogLibrary.cs and replace the old ones but it didn´t work beacause Umbraco didn´t like the different versions. I also tried to build my own version out of Blog4Umbraco version "blog4umbraco-39717" and there exchange the two faulting dll´s but to my "despair" it didn´t work there either.

--

Björn

Mar 15, 2010 @ 17:09
    Donald St. Martin

Björn,

Download 37958 and try using it. 39717 has in the comments, "DO NOT DOWNLOAD." That might be what is causing issues when copying the .dll files over.

--
    Donald

Mar 16, 2010 @ 09:23
    Björn Jönsson

Hi Donald!

Ok, I will do so and try again. Hopefully it will solve the problem. Thanks again.

--

Björn

Mar 17, 2010 @ 09:22
    Björn Jönsson

Hi Donald!

after rebuild Umbraco answers with this message:

Could not load file or assembly 'OLD_Umlaut.Umb.Blog' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I have updated the web config file, we also are running asp.net 3.5 on the server wich is a windows 2003 server with a mysql server.

--

Björn

Mar 17, 2010 @ 15:13
    Donald St. Martin

The package was just updated to fix this problem.  You can download it at http://nightly.umbraco.org/Blog4Umbraco/2.0.26/

Mar 22, 2010 @ 16:26
    Björn Jönsson

Hello Donald!

Thanx! i shall gownload it as soon as possible and test it and of course get back to this thread and mark it as solwed if it works. It sounds perfect and I have read a little about the problems it fixes and it should be perfect.

--

Björn

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft