Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rigo 15 posts 45 karma points
    Mar 17, 2010 @ 14:17
    Rigo

Rich Text Editor - Image Path is truncated

When I insert an image in the rich text editor, everything is fine. It is displayed properly, the path ("/media/5571/img_dummy_industrial_192x125.jpg") is correct.

Just after saving or publishing the page, a broken image is displayed in the RTE (but the newly published page displays the image).

By switching to the html view, I see that image path is corrupted ("/media/5571/img_dummy_industrial.jpg" instead of "/media/5571/img_dummy_industrial_192x125.jpg"). I think it is a problem of the RTE. I was searching the web for hours but couldn't find any solution.

Could someone be so kind to point me to the right direction? Thx!

• Sean Mooney 131 posts 158 karma points c-trib
    Mar 17, 2010 @ 15:28
    Sean Mooney

I have noticed that a couple of times as well. I think it has to do with the image file name, specifically the 192x125.

When you load an image into the RTE and drag the corner to make it bigger or smaller it appends the new dimensions to the image file name, so that it can resize the image and create a new thumbnail with those dimensions.

The way that we got around it was to make sure that there were no dimensions in the file name (ie. no 192x125)

Hope that helps

• Rigo 15 posts 45 karma points
    Mar 17, 2010 @ 21:02
    Rigo

Hi Sean

Thank you for your quick reply. I had proposed your solution to the client already but wasn't really satisfied. But it looks like this is the only reasonable way to go.

Rigo

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft