Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars Mortensen 90 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 24, 2010 @ 10:04
    Lars Mortensen

Published page reverts to old version at night

Hi

I have 2 sites running in the same installation.

The site has been static for a while. Now there has been some changes, the site has been "saved and published" and the site shows the new changes.

Then the next morning the site is back to the old data.

Anyone encountered something like that?

/nOrphf

Mar 24, 2010 @ 10:06
    Lars Mortensen

Version 4.0.3 Running on 2 server 2008 R2 / IIS 7.5 with shared configuration and NLB loadbalancing. But that should not be an issue?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2010 @ 14:01
    Douglas Robar

I suspect something happened to the file permissions on the /data/umbraco.config file such that when the application pool restarts/recycles (as it may overnight if the site is infrequently visited and IIS removes it from memory).

Try to remove the /data/umbraco.config file from your server(s) and then 'Republish the entire site'. You should see the file re-appear, and with the correct content of your updated pages. If not then you have a file-permission problem on (at least) that file and you'll want to double-check all file permissions across the site.

The site's application pool owner/identity needs to have create/update/delete permissions to that file (at a minimum).

cheers,
    doug.

• Chris Gaskell 59 posts 142 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 09:47
    Chris Gaskell

Lars,

I have experienced this and the solution was to add NETWORK SERVICE (my application pool user) create, read, update and delete access to the umbraco.config file.

My problem was exactly as Doug has explained.

Thanks,

Chris.

Mar 25, 2010 @ 19:34
    Lars Mortensen

Hi

Thank you for your reply's.

I have just tried to rename the fil so it starts with _
    The file does not recreate even though I had done an IISReset on the servers, and published all sites/intire site

I have given NETWORK SERVICE edit rights I will look more in to it tomorrow.
    As the site has its right content now, even after the IISreset.

I will get back.

/nOrphf

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 20:28
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Also check what user the application-pool is running under. In windows 7 and 2008, the application-pool does NOT run as NETWORK SERVICE by default. You might want to change the identity to NETWORK SERVICE.

Peter

Mar 26, 2010 @ 19:11
    Lars Mortensen

The Application-pool is running af NETWORK SERVICE.

I have as a test given Everyone Full Access, pubished entire site, and then published the sites afterwards still no new file.

As the files lies on a fileshare (because of the load balancing I will check the share to see if there some not wright there.

Mar 26, 2010 @ 19:29
    Lars Mortensen

Ok, I have just looked with Process Monitor, and it is a matter of rights so thanks for the help, I will go figure out how I set the rights right :)

As NETWORK SERVER on one server is NOT the same as on another server.

Thanks for the answers.

/nOrphf

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft