This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• prl 32 posts 54 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 19:02
    prl

Error in Umbraco: umbracoScriptManager

Hello,

I'm having this error in Umbraco:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'umbracoScriptManager', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager).

Source Error:

Line 42: <body id="umbracoMainPageBody">
    Line 43: <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px">
    Line 44: <asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="umbracoScriptManager">
    Line 45: <Services>
    Line 46: <asp:ServiceReference Path="webservices/legacyAjaxCalls.asmx" />

I started having problems with the version of the System.Web.Extensions dll when I tried to use an UpdatePanel.. My web.config had reference to an older version of this dll (1.0.6.*).. I changed the references to version 3.5.0.0 and the UpdatePanel started to work. But now I can't access Umbraco.. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks.

• prl 32 posts 54 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 19:05
    prl

ok, added this to the web.config and it's working now:

<runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft