Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas 10 posts 30 karma points
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 10:48
    Jonas

Dropdown etc for MemberTypes

I have made some MemberTypes for my Umbraco solution and really want to have drop downs for members with some options of my choice. Can anyone point my in the right direction of how this works? Whenever I create a drop down property, I dont know how to fill it with options.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 11:44
    Kim Andersen

Hi Jonas

If you want to make a special dropdown list to you members, first of all you need to create the dropdown data type. You can do this by navigating to the Developer section and open the Data type-folder. In here you'll find all the available data types including the dropdown list. You can either edit the default Dropdown list data type, or create en new one, by right-clicking the data types-folder and choose 'Create'. If you just want to edit the default dropdown, click it to choose it.

When you want to add values to the dropdown, you can type in one value at a time in the "Add value"-textbox, and then click the save-button. Then type in another value in the field, and click the save-button again.

When you are done adding values, you can go to the Member-section, and add the dropdown to your membertype, just like you ad data types to a document type.

Does it make sense?

/Kim A

• Jonas 10 posts 30 karma points
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 12:24
    Jonas

Makes perfect sense! Just what I needed! Thanks.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 12:29
    Kim Andersen

Great Jonas - Glad to help.

Remember to mark this question as solved if you feel that your question was answered good enough :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft