Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 16:20
    mfeola

Parameter type contentPicker customization?

There doesn't seem to be any built in way to force the content picker to choose from a certain folder tree on the site.  I was expecting some way of setting it up close to the way the ultimate picker works in the datatypes.  

Basically I have an extra folder in the content tree specifically for components and I want the user to be able to display one of these components by inserting a macro into a rich text editor and then selecting an item ONLY for that folder and ONLY of that document type.  I was able to make the datatype for this with the ultimate picker with no problem.  just need to find some way of allowing the macro inserted onto the page to be able to do this as well.  Does anyone have any information that could help me?

Mar 31, 2010 @ 22:48
    mfeola

Nevermind, I wound up making a new macro parameter type in the back end.  Took some time but it worked.  Now to find a way to make a label datatype that can be used to display an image.

Apr 05, 2010 @ 16:49
    mfeola

nevermind again, i made my own datatype for this instead (otherwise i would have to make a new user control for every image label i want to add in)

• Braydie 148 posts 346 karma points
    Aug 02, 2011 @ 13:57
    Braydie

I know it's been a long time since this was posted but I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for creating a custom content picker. I've been wracking my brain all morning and I've had a look at the other examples that are on Our..

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft