Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Samuele 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:02
    Samuele

Everything disappeared..

Hi all! I've got a website running from few weeks (Umbraco 4, Framework 3.5).

Today I was developing some new macros and all of a sudden when I tried to login all the page tree and all the configuration trees had disappeared. I still can't see anything. Basically all the site is gone even though when i normally browse the pages, all the content is there. Sounds like, the editor mode got lost and the view mode keeps working. I really don't know how to proceed, I tried to restart but nothing changed, I had a look at the database and the all the content is definitely there. Please, some help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks
    Sam

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Samuele

Have you tried to recycle the application pool maybe?

Eventually you can try and touch the web.config...

Hope this helps

/Jan

Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:11
    Samuele

Yeah, I've done that. Nothing changed.
    I guess that re-installing the site and re-creating all the page tree etc.. etc... would solve the issue, although that would be a lot of wasted time and if I don't understand what caused this situation,it may even come out again(Fingers crossed)!

Sam

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:21
    Jan Skovgaard

What other things have you tried?

Have you tried to restart the server?

Have you tried to right click "Content" in the content section and republish the entire site? (not sure if it helps, but it's worth the try I guess - if you have'nt already).

I think that re-installing the site can be avoided but I'm just not sure how. But hopefully someone else in here has a solution for you if the above suggestions don't do the trick either.

/Jan

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:39
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Try deleting all files in the data/_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete folder and then run umbraco/reindex.aspx.

See if that helps.

Peter

Apr 01, 2010 @ 09:16
    Samuele

I restarted the server, and it hasn't solved the problem. When I right click Content, the menu doesn't even appear.
    Early in the morning I tried what Peter suggests but when I run the Reindex.aspx the reindexing is endless and it shows always "0 of Not calculated yet documents indexed. Currently indexing" I left the page loading for more than 15 minutes and I don't think that it should take so much time, even because the site isn't that big.

Apr 01, 2010 @ 09:49
    Samuele

In order to make you understand even better, I uploaded a screenshot of what I see. You can find it here http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5029/umbracoissue.jpg

When I right click CONTENT, nothing happens. The same for all the other areas, such as Media, Users, Settings etc... The root node appears but I can't right click or do anything else whatsoever

Apr 01, 2010 @ 11:30
    Samuele

One more info.. In the umbracoLog table I get often a row saying "Loading content from disk cache...". I'm almost going to give up!
    No progress so far.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Apr 01, 2010 @ 11:56
    Peter Dijksterhuis

One more thing: You might want to check, double-check and then triple-check the permissions on all folders.

Weird behaviour often leads back to permission-problems.

(To quickly see if it is permission-related, give everyone full control and see if things do work then)

Peter

Apr 01, 2010 @ 12:19
    Samuele

Thanks for the feedback. I just gave FULL CONTROL to Everyone but it's still not working. I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this problem. I mean, the environment and the site are pretty basic. I didn't do any tricky stuff, I thought it would have been a known issue.

Sam

• Jacqui Kipfer 20 posts 102 karma points
    Sep 21, 2010 @ 19:54
    Jacqui Kipfer

Sam,

did you ever solve this problem?  The same thing just happenend to me.  Last night I manually did the fix for the ASP.NET Security Vulnerability, everything seemed to be working fine.  This morning I went to log into my site as Admin and after I logged in sucessfully, I could not see any content or any users, then the screen automagically went to the umbraco login screen and I was unable to log back in as admin. I guess because my admin user was somehow no longer there.

I am running the latest patched version of Umbraco 4.5.2 on ASP.NET 4.0 at Softsyshosting.com.  I am using th eold schema as I have quite a few XSLT macros that I am not confident to upgrade myself!

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Thanks, Jacqui

• Jacqui Kipfer 20 posts 102 karma points
    Sep 21, 2010 @ 20:15
    Jacqui Kipfer

Ok, so after some fiddling around, it seems to be that permissions may have been my issue as per Peter's post above.  I set my web.config file to have full permissions and then was able to log back into my site as Admin.  I still didn't have any Content visible, so had to republish my entire site.  I was not able to republish everything from the root of the site, I don't know why, so some pages I had to republish individually.  after I had every page published, i tried to republish from the root and it worked. 

Hope this may be of value to others who may experience the same problem.  Now off to do a back up!

Cheers, Jacqui

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft