Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Tarrild 23 posts 43 karma points
    Apr 05, 2010 @ 13:10
    Christian Tarrild

"Member can edit" properties does not save

Hi

I am running Umbraco v 4.0.3 (Assembly version: 1.0.3674.221). When I check the "Member can edit" or "Show on profile" checkboxes and save the membertype the membertype is saved but the tics in the checkboxes are gone. I have tried to manually edit the values in the database table "CMSMEMBERTYPE" but the boxes are not checked eventhough I changed the values from 0 to 1 in the databse. I have reproduced the error in another umbraco installation using umbraco v 4.0.2.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3441.17657) where also the membership controls package is installed.

How does "member can edit" and "show on profile" work? 

Regards Tarrild

Apr 05, 2010 @ 13:11
    Christian Tarrild

Forgot to add the the saving problem is both when using Chrome and IE8

Tarrild

• Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 23:28
    Dany Wu

I have only just started using the Membership functionality and noticed this too. Has nobody else had this problem?

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Apr 16, 2010 @ 01:21
    skiltz

This is a known issue.  Make sure when you open the MemberType this is the first thing you do. 

Open MemberType - Click "Member Can Edit" -> Save. 

Apr 18, 2010 @ 13:50
    Christian Tarrild

Hi Skiltz

I have tried that already as I read it in another post, but that did not solve the problem.

Then I looked in the source code and found an error in the MemberType.cs. I posted a fix on codeplex which has been accepted for umbraco 4.1, so lets hope that it is released soon. I  recompiled umbraco myself to obtain a corrected version of cms.dll which solved the problem, see www.tarrild.dk.

Also see this post

Regards Tarrild

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft