Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Stevenson 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 23:33
    Ben Stevenson

User using Canvas also has to log in as Member to access protected pages

Have searched the forum with little luck.

I have got a few User logins set up as Editors, redirecting straight to Canvas on login. Problem is one of those pages is protected with Umbraco / ASP authentication. In the Umbraco backend anybody logged in can get to the protected pages fine, but when using Canvas the users are redirected to the Login page and required to log in as a Member as well as the User. Suffice to say, having to go through 2 login screens isn't ideal (and canvas doesn't handle it very well either, placing the toolbar at the bottom of the page, rather than the top). Am using role based authentication and have tested with a full Administrator user, right clicking on protected node and selected 'Edit in Canvas' just opens up the login page.

On a side note, can't seem to use Canvas in Firefox. Various other threads instruct to Double click when using Firefox, but for me that just selects a block of text. Not much of an issue, but annoying since I'm probably missing something basic.

Cheers.

• Ben Stevenson 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 23, 2010 @ 03:55
    Ben Stevenson

Perhaps I should actually form this statement as a question.

Is there any way to authenticate users as members? So a user that has logged in can be authenticated in a member group when editing in Canvas.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft