Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete Koutoulas 10 posts 30 karma points
    Apr 26, 2010 @ 17:21
    Pete Koutoulas

Media permission issue

We have a large media section with several folders within. Most of our users have thier media start node set to one of the subfolders -- we don't allow anyone to post media files directly to the media root. But occasionally someone manages to save media files to the root folder anyway. At first, I thought we had just erred in setting the start media folder, but this is not the case. Of course, they can't see the media root when they browse for it, so to them the files just dissappear, although I can see they went to the root folder.

Any ideas?

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 06, 2010 @ 21:20
    Chris Dunn

Pete,

I have seen this before as well.  It seems to be when you use the create button and choose media from the popup as the parent vs right-clicking and choosing create.  The same things can happen when you have a previously created media item and choose move.  The popup allows you to choose to select "Media" as the parent.  Looks to me like the loophole is in the popup media-picker.

I would suggest submitting a bug report to codeplex.  In the meantime my only suggestion would be to tell your users not to use the "Create button" or not to choose "Media" as the parent.

-Chris

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 15:56
    Bex

Hi 

Has anything been done about this as this is happeing for me to.

When a user goes to upload a document as content for a page they still get the choose button on the upload windows and when they click it their media folder isn't listed, but the main one is, and they cans select this.

Bex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft