Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Isaac Levin 22 posts 42 karma points
    Apr 29, 2010 @ 21:18
    Isaac Levin

Admin password broke (URGENT!!!)

Did a fresh install of Umbraco, set password to password on install (its on a test box) ,  worked on it for two days, went to lunch, came back and i cannot login now. I have a easy install (VDB3) and I have tried all the fixes on the forum. How can I alter rows in a VistaDB? I tried opening it in visual Studio, but it only opens it in XML Reader. I am in a time crunch and need help today if possible. Thanks

Apr 29, 2010 @ 21:38
    Isaac Levin

when i enter admin/password.... the screen refreshes with http://localhost:1267/umbraco/login.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco%2fumbraco.aspx

and the fields clear, I am unable to clear the password field in the DB because I do not have the ability to open the DB in anything but XML (which is hard to read)

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Apr 29, 2010 @ 22:43
    Chris Dunn

Issac,

You can download the DataBuilder by vistadb.  It's like sql server management studio for vistadb.  This should allow you to change to password column via sql commands.  If it's hashed you will need to set passwordFormat for the UserMemberShipProvider to "Clear" in the web.config file then run update against sql.

http://www.vistadb.net/vistadb/data-builder.aspx

-Chris

Apr 29, 2010 @ 23:25
    Isaac Levin

Chris,

I have tried that... You have to upgrade it to VDB4 and Umbraco didnt like. Got so frustrated I made a brand new install Umbraco, and I have the exact same issue. It goes from login to default and then to logout which redirects back to login. I want to go in and look at the cookie nonsense that is going on, but I cannot find the CS files for these. Are they hidden somewhere? THanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft