Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christophe 23 posts 43 karma points
    Apr 30, 2010 @ 09:34
    Christophe

Link Events from CWS to Google Calendar

Hello,

Is there a way to have the events from the CWS (I enter the info as a "new event" in the content section) link up to Google Calendar (or any "visual" calendar if there is a better way)? Or vice versa?

I've been playing around with the settings and the developers sections even though someone else set up my website that is based on the CWS. I say that so that you know I am not a expert.

Thank you in advance,

Christophe

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Apr 30, 2010 @ 11:59
    dandrayne

Hi Christophe

If you download the start package at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/business-website-starter-pack, you could have a look at the iCalExport xslt file, which does this for you.  By enabling an iCal export you can hook google calendar into the export link add entries into google calendar.  I'm sure that the code could be modified to work on CWS events.

Dan

May 03, 2010 @ 06:01
    Christophe

Thanks Dan, I wish I could get an email notification when someone responds to a forum question. Sorry for the short delay.

I did look and installed the business pack on the local website I use to try things and see that I have a few xslt files now. You're going to hate that and I hate to do it but this seems pretty complicated to me. While my CWS hasn't changed I see a bunch of new xslt files. How do I take what I want out of all that? I really don't know where to start...

I have had good luck on this site to get some help and things to work but if you think this is over my head, let me know.

Thanks again for your response and help,

Christophe

May 06, 2010 @ 20:45
    Christophe

Almost 2 sleepless nights but it was really good exercise. I finally figured it out. After all that experience it doesn't seem too bad now.

I tried to replicate the calendar but it's all out of whack. How does the calendar stay in line and what makes the events pop out?

Sorry for the bother...

Christophe

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft