Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ethan 41 posts 61 karma points
    May 01, 2010 @ 09:52
    Ethan

whether I can customize the page's name or not

When we create and publish a page(content), Umbraco will automatically assign it a page name which link to document according to the content's name. Can I use my prefer one, you know, run on Runway packet, the name of the content will appeare on the page,,above the bodytext. Sometimes I want this should be kinds of detailed, tells visitors about the intro  of the page. But the page name is shorter the better,excluing the suffix .aspx. So, how can I adope my prefer name? Thanks!

May 01, 2010 @ 10:13
    Ethan

When we create and publish a page(content), Umbraco will automatically assign it a page name which links to document according to the content's name. Can I use the one my prefer to, you know, while running on Runway package, the name of the content will appeare on the page,above the bodytext. Sometimes I want this should be kinds of detailed, tells visitors about the intro  of the page. But the page name is shorter the better,excluing the suffix .aspx. So, how can I adope my favorite name? Thanks!

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    May 01, 2010 @ 10:16
    Chris Koiak

As far as I know you can't change the field used for the url generation.

You can switch off the aspx suffix, http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/setting-up-umbraco-for-friendly-urls

I would suggest you create a separate field for the page's name in any page output (navigation, page header, etc) and leave the node name as the name in the URL. Therefore you can have your prefered name in the url and a different name for output on the page.

Cheers,

Chris

May 01, 2010 @ 13:44
    Ethan

Thanks a million!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft