Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bas Wensveen 54 posts 75 karma points
    May 02, 2010 @ 18:01
    Bas Wensveen

Font styles and sizez in the tinyMCE editor

Hi all,

I defined serveral font sizes and families for the site editor to select in the TinyMCE editor styles dropdown. But somehow applying these styles tot the text doesn't work. 

Any help appricieted

Kind regards,

Bas Wensveen

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    May 02, 2010 @ 18:51
    Kim Andersen

Hi Bas

When you say doesn't work, do you then talk about the styles not being formated in the editor, or is the styles not applyed to the HTML output at all?

/Kim A

May 02, 2010 @ 20:08
    Bas Wensveen

Both actualy!

Is there a best practice to enable styling in the rich text editor and applying those style to the HTML output?

May 02, 2010 @ 20:35
    Kim Andersen

What I usually do is this:

1. I create a stylesheet under the stylesheet-folder in the settings-section. This could be named RTE.css in this example.
    2. In here I'm create the styles that the users will see in the richtext editor in the backend. Like styling the p-tags, font-family, font-color etc.
    3. After this I'm creating some extra stylesheets under the RTE.css. The newly created will be used as the styles that the users can choose from the dropdown list in the Richtext Editor.
    4. When I'm done creating styles, I'm going to the Developer-section and finds the Richtext Editor in the datatypes-folder. When the RTE is choosen, I'm attaching the RTE.css to the Editor.
    5. I also sets a mark in the option called "styles". This makes sure that the styles-dropdown list will be vissible in the editor.

Now everything should be ready to go. The styles that I have created under the RTE.css should be vissible in the styles-dropdown and the formatting that I have written in the RTE.css should be vissible in the editor(maybe this need a clearing of the browsers cache).

Did that clear some stuff out for you Bas?

/Kim A

May 02, 2010 @ 21:36
    Bas Wensveen

Kim,

I'm think I do the same as listed above. But only thing I forgot is to add a . (dot) for the style alias. :-(

Thanks for your input!

Kind regards,

Bas

May 02, 2010 @ 21:57
    Kim Andersen

Ahh okay, thats a pretty important thing to remember shen styling doing CSS.

But I know the situation Bas. It's often a small thing that f***s the rest up :)

Glad that your problem is solved.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft