Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• BK 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 04, 2010 @ 18:52
    BK

Problem with deleting property types

Hello,

We have a problem with some property types.  In our Member types section, we have added several properties to some of the Member types.  When I click to delete any of those properties, I get the error below.  I am guessing we have some corrupt data in our database, but I am not sure where to begin for isolating the problem.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?  Thanks.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.propertytype.PropertyType.delete() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\propertytype\propertytype.cs:291
    umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.gpw_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\controls\ContentTypeControlNew.ascx.cs:379
    umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericPropertyWrapper.GenericPropertyWrapper_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\controls\GenericProperties\GenericPropertyWrapper.cs:85
    System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.DeleteButton2_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\controls\GenericProperties\GenericProperty.ascx.cs:246
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +108
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12864 karma points MVP
    May 04, 2010 @ 20:28
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

I had this once with content and posted a workaround. Basically this comes because Umbraco expects that the property  still exists on all members and when try to delete that property again you get the error.  Maybe you look a the source code and modify the source so it works for members?

Cheers,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft