Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ethan 41 posts 61 karma points
    May 05, 2010 @ 10:58
    Ethan

How to adopt a new master page and make it work?

Hi everybody, I want to apply a template from oswd.org as the master page. Could you tell me how to configure it? Not just target at such template, I want to know the general procedure of setting up a new layout and, enable adding content in each pane in the same page. Thank you.

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 06, 2010 @ 20:59
    Chris Dunn

Ethan,

I would suggest getting a subscription to umbraco.tv, even if only for a month.  It's worth if for the time you save learning umbraco concepts.  That said, here is a basic overview of the process.

1. Create Document Type, check by box to create matching template.
    2. Create properties on document type for the "content" areas or parts of the page
    3. Go to the template created for the document type, copy the html oswd.org template code between the placeholder 'ContentPlaceHolderDefault'.
    4. Insert each "page field" you created in the document type within the template (replace oswd.org sample text where needed).
    5. Copy any style sheets and related images to the /css folder on the filesystem and adjust the link references if needed.
    6. You are now ready to start adding documents to your content tree.
    This isn't a complete walk-through, just the general procedure to get you started.

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft