Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wildlife 54 posts 74 karma points
    May 11, 2010 @ 10:18
    wildlife

How can you restore accidently deleted data types?

I was getting ready to follow the video tutorial about Ultimate Picker.  I saw in the video that the default settings were being changed.  I thought that I might want to keep the default settings on Ultimate Picker but set up a second Ultimate Picker data type to test with using the changed settings in the video.  I set up an Ultimate Picker 2 data type, but it didn't have the same elements to it in what was set up.  So I wanted to delete my newly created Ultimate Picker 2 data type, but accidently deleted the real Ultimate Picker instead.

Is there any way to restore this easily?

Help! ;)

Now I can't do the tutorial to learn this feature and I'll lose this functionality on the site I'm trying to build while learning Umbraco if I can't figure out a way to restore this without having to do a reinstallation.

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 11, 2010 @ 10:36
    Hendy Racher

Hi,

I'm assuming you have existing documents using the default ultimate picker ? (if not then just add new datatype)

I've looked on a couple of installs and it seems that the default UltimatePicker data type is of node Id 1039.

Perhaps you can restore it by ensuring you have the following rows:

cmsDataType

pk    nodeId    controlId    dbType
    36    1039    CDBF0B5D-5CB2-445F-BC12-FCAAEC07CF2C    Ntext

umbracoNode

id    trashed    parentID    nodeUser    level    path    sortOrder    uniqueID    text    nodeObjectType    createDate
    1039    0    -1    0    1    -1,1039    2    06F349A9-C949-4B6A-8660-59C10451AF42    Ultimate Picker    30A2A501-1978-4DDB-A57B-F7EFED43BA3C    2006-01-03 13:07:55.250

HTH,

Hendy

May 11, 2010 @ 11:22
    wildlife

Adding a new data type won't work as far as I can tell because it doesn't have the same settings as Ultimate Picker had within it when I try to add a new one.  That's why I decided to delete my effort at creating a second one, but accidently deleted the real one.  If there's a way to change what settings appear when you add a new data type, I could probably rebuild it that way if someone can tell me what settings to add and how to add them.  That's what I was going to look for next before I accidently deleted the wrong one. 

I don't have the documents, but my IT admin has everything.  I'll forward what you posted here to her after I see what she says about it.

May 12, 2010 @ 03:38
    wildlife

Adding the new data type did work once I saw that Ultimate Picker was still present in the render control dropdown box.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft