Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Uros Sankovic 107 posts 134 karma points
    May 13, 2010 @ 15:54
    Uros Sankovic

blog comments ... where are they????

Hi,

I must be blind!!! Can someone tell me where can I delete blog comments? THX.

Uros

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 13, 2010 @ 16:31
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Blog comments are usually stored under each blog post. So if you go into the nodetree, fold open the blog post and you should see the comments.

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 03:13
    Chris Dunn

Uros,

I think you are running a few topics on the same subject.  Comments are stored in the Comments table.  I believe they made an update to the package which previously stored the comments as nodes which is what Sebastiaan is mentioning.  I guess it depends what version you are running.

-Chris

May 18, 2010 @ 18:07
    Uros Sankovic

Yes, Chris, in that case I posted two topics, because I didn't now which category is the right one. I will try install the latest version and see what happens. Right now I don't see comment at all. Only on webpage, so I have 0 modification options. THX for your help,guys

May 24, 2010 @ 14:36
    Uros Sankovic

Hi,

I reinstalled the Blog package (2.0.26),but I still can't see the comment under the blog post in the Content. Chris,you are talking about Comments table.Where can I find it?

May 24, 2010 @ 15:45
    Chris Dunn

Uros,

The comments table is in the Umbraco database.  "dbo.Comments".  If you setup the dashboard item for comments moderation, which is included with the package, you should be able to see the comments without looking directly in the database.  If you're still having trouble, open sql express management studio to make sure the comments are actually being saved, and that the table exists.

-Chris

May 24, 2010 @ 16:10
    Uros Sankovic

Hi Chris,

THX for helping me. Here' I go with a stupid question.How do I setup the dashboard for comments?

May 24, 2010 @ 16:20
    Chris Dunn

You would setup the same way you would for other dashboard items, using the /config/dashboard.config.  If you're new to the dashboard, you can use the same concept for other dashboard items in other packages or your own.

http://umbraco.org/blog/2009/12/10/blog-4-umbraco-2010-–-comment-moderation.  This was written for BFU 2.0.10 by Tim so it should work for you.

-Chris

May 25, 2010 @ 16:29
    Uros Sankovic

Hi,

I did check the /config/dashboard.config and there is already the "comments" part and in the usercontrols there is CommentModeration.ascx file.So, why I still can't see the comments? Is there a special way to activate that? Where should I see a comment tag? If I click on the blog post in "Content", I should see the comments tag in the right, just next to the "content, options, properties" tags?

THX for your patience.

May 26, 2010 @ 08:32
    Uros Sankovic

Hi, Chris. I did play with dashboard.config and I did it. :). Thank you so much for your help.BEst regards!!!!

May 26, 2010 @ 17:41
    Chris Dunn

:)  Good luck with your umbraco site, glad to help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft