Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric 27 posts 49 karma points
    May 13, 2010 @ 20:05
    Eric

Error Copying Content Nodes when Relate copied items to original is checked.

Whenever I try to copy a content node and I have the Relate copied ites to original checked, I get an object reference error. 

I am using umbraco v 4.0.3 (Assembly version: 1.0.3625.27276)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 13, 2010 @ 20:28
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Could you provide a little more information, like the full exception that you're getting? 

• Eric 27 posts 49 karma points
    May 13, 2010 @ 21:02
    Eric

I notice when I select the Content Node, it displays: " [] has been selected as the root of your new content, click 'ok' below. " in the green box.

Anyway here is the full exception:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.relation.Relation.MakeNew(Int32 ParentId, Int32 ChildId, RelationType RelType, String Comment) +305
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Copy(Int32 CopyTo, User u, Boolean RelateToOrignal) +397
    umbraco.dialogs.moveOrCopy.HandleDocumentMoveOrCopy() +1631
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +114
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +139
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +28
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2980

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

• javier 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 10:55
    javier

Hi.

I have this exact problem. It only happens when "Relate copied items to original" is checked. If not, it works fine.

Any help with this?

Thanks

Javier

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft