Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Uros Sankovic 107 posts 134 karma points
    May 17, 2010 @ 19:35
    Uros Sankovic

two questions from newbei - blog questions

Hi,

1.) After new comment is posted, you get "Thank you" note, but the comment list doesn't refresh. How do you do that?

2.)How do I change the Xslt if I'd like to show only part of the blog posts on first page and add a link to read the whole article?

THX for your help. Please,direct me in right direction.

Uros

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 17, 2010 @ 19:55
    Chris Dunn

1. Is the comment being moderated?  You may need to approve or publish the comment before it will show up.  If you're using the blog4Umbraco package there is a comment moderation dashboard control.

2.  You would need to change to property displayed with the xslt  (value-of).  I assume now it's displaying bodyText.  You would need to specify a different property with teaser text.  You could also do a substring function on the bodytext if you didn't want a seperate field for summary or teaser.

-Chris

May 17, 2010 @ 22:04
    Uros Sankovic

Hi Chris,

where can I find a comment moderation dashboard control?

May 17, 2010 @ 22:08
    Uros Sankovic

It seems I can't even find comment in Umbraco Administration. Is it possible that moving the blog folder under homepage caused that?

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 00:37
    Chris Dunn

The dashboard comment moderation control should be found under /usercontrols/Blog4Umbraco/CommentModeration.ascx.

Here is a blog post on implementing this feature.

http://umbraco.org/blog/2009/12/10/blog-4-umbraco-2010-–-comment-moderation.

The comments are actually stored in a separate table in the database called Comments. So there would not be a content node for the comments.

I believe they should be showing up immediately after the post (if the page was refreshed). Do you have the latest version of the blog?

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft