Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pratik Kothari 10 posts 30 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 21:21
    Pratik Kothari

folder inside umbraco

We have been using umbraco for our website for a few months now.  Today, the marketing team requested for this functionality.  They have created a new content page ns3.aspx inside the root website (www.somewebsite.com)  but would like to send out the url of the page as

http://www.somewebsite.com/ns3

I have tried to use the umbraco URL Alias or umbraco Redirect properties with no luck.  What is the recommended way of achieving this?

Thanks,

Pratik

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 18, 2010 @ 21:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi

I think that should be done using the UrlRewriting.config file, which is to be found in the "config" folder.

I think you should be able to achieve your goal by following this guide: http://www.christophertl.net/1513.aspx

/Jan

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    May 18, 2010 @ 22:34
    Stefan Kip

Yes, you can use UrlRewriting for this simple task and you can use the 301 URL Tracker package. (but I'd recommend UrlRewriting because it's such a simple task)

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 19, 2010 @ 00:26
    Chris Dunn

I am assuming you not using extensionless urls which explains why umbracoUrlAlias is not working. The umbracoUrlAlias (auto alias?) uses the same extension settings your entire site uses.  So if your urlAlias for ns3.aspx was ns3, that would translate to simply ns3.aspx.  

You might want to think about turning off the use of extensions in your site altogether in the web.config file under umbracoUseDirectoryUrls.  This helps with marketing your urls outside of a web based environment like print material, tv or radio advertisements.  People then don't have to remember .aspx.

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft