Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arnt Grøstad 29 posts 49 karma points
    May 19, 2010 @ 15:01
    Arnt Grøstad

can't save images

Hi,
    I've seem to have i pretty anoying problem. And I got it in both dev and production enviroment.
    When trying to Insert Picture using the Rich Text Editor (umbraco v 4.0.3 (Assembly version: 1.0.3680.15881)) I get a Server  Error:

Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadColumn(Int32 i, Boolean setTimeout) +778859
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetGuid(Int32 i) +29
       umbraco.DataLayer.RecordsReaderAdapter`1.GetGuid(String fieldName) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\datalayer\RecordsReaderAdapter.cs:263
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DefaultData.get_Version() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\datatype\DefaultData.cs:157
       umbraco.editorControls.uploadField.Save() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\components\editorControls\uploadfield\uploadField.cs:101
       umbraco.dialogs.uploadImage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\dialogs\uploadImage.aspx.cs:56
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\businesslogic\BasePages\BasePage.cs:287
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Anyone else got this?

May 19, 2010 @ 15:23
    Arnt Grøstad

Sorry - got a glance at the DB.
    It's been messed up with some identity-problems on some tables when moved.
    I'll fix this.

Sorry for the nagging on the forum :)
    (Any moderator can close this)

May 19, 2010 @ 21:38
    Arnt Grøstad

Sorry. Can't seem to fix this.
    Still get the same errormessage.

But have figure out that  the Save-method actually saving the name and GUID in the DB, put no files in the Media-folder.
    (And yes, the asp-net machine account have full rights).

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 19, 2010 @ 21:54
    Sebastiaan Janssen

What user is configured as the application pool user? This user needs to have write rights to the media folder at least.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft